21. Neal EH, Marinelli NA, Shi Y, McClatchey PM, Balotin KM, Gullett DR, Hagerla KA, Bowman AB, Ess KC, Wikswo JP, and Lippmann ES. “A simplified, fully defined differentiation scheme for producing blood-brain barrier endothelial cells from human iPSCs.” Stem Cell Reports 12:1380-1388 (2019).
20. Bakooshli MA, Lippmann ES, Mulcahy B, Iyer NR, Nguyen CT, Tung K, Stewart BA, van den Dorpel H, Fuehrmann T, Shoichet MS, Bigot A, Pegoraro E, Ahn H, Ginsberg H, Zhen M, Ashton RS, and Gilbert PM. “A 3D culture model of innervated human skeletal muscle enables studies of the adult neuromuscular junction.” eLife 8:e44350 (2019).
19. O’Grady BJ, Balikov DA, Wang JX, Neal EH, Ou Y, Bardhan R, Lippmann ES, and Bellan LM. “Spatiotemporal control and modeling of morphogen delivery to induce gradient patterning of stem cell differentiation using fluidic channels.” Biomaterials Science. 7:1358-1371 (2019).
18. Faley SL#, Neal EH#, Wang JX, Bosworth AM, Weber CM, Balotin KM, Lippmann ES*, and Bellan LM*. “iPSC-derived brain endothelium exhibits stable, long-term barrier function in perfused hydrogel scaffolds.” Stem Cell Reports. 12:474-487 (2019). (# Co-first author) (* Co-corresponding author)
17. Ou Y, Webb JA, O’Brien CM, Pence IJ, Lin EC, Paul EP, Cole D, Ou SH, Lapierre-Landry M, DeLapp RC, Lippmann ES, Mahadevan-Jansen A, and Bardhan R. “Diagnosis of immunomarkers in vivo via multiplexed surface enhanced Raman imaging with multibranched gold nanoantennas.” Nanoscale. 10:13092-13105 (2018).
16. Chiou B, Neal EH, Bowman AB, Lippmann ES, Simpson IA, and Connor JR. "Endothelial cell are critical regulators of iron transport in a model of the human blood-brain barrier." Journal of Cerebral Blood Flow and Metabolism. In press.
15. Chiou B, Neal EH, Bowman AB, Lippmann ES, Simpson IA, and Connor JR. "Pharmaceutical iron formulations do not cross a model of the human blood-brain barrier." PLoS One 13:e0198775 (2018).
14. O'Grady B, Wang J, Faley S, Balikov D, Lippmann E, and Bellan L. "A customizable, low-cost perfusion system for sustaining tissue constructs." SLAS Technology. 23:592-598 (2018).
13. Stebbins MJ, Lippmann ES, Faubion MG, Daneman R, Palecek SP, and Shusta EV. “Activation of RARα, RARγ, and RXRα can induce blood-brain barrier phenotypes in human pluripotent stem cell-derived brain endothelial cells.” Biotechnology Journal 13:1700093 (2018).
12. Bosworth AM, Faley SL, Bellan LM, and Lippmann ES. “Modeling neurovascular disorders and therapeutic outcomes with human induced pluripotent stem cells.” Frontiers in Bioengineering and Biotechnology 30:87 (2018).
11. Hollmann EK, Bailey AK, Potharazu AV, Neely MD, Bowman AB, and Lippmann ES. “Accelerated differentiation of human induced pluripotent stem cells to blood-brain barrier endothelial cells.” Fluids Barriers CNS 14:9 (2017).
10. Rosch JC*, Hollmann EK*, and Lippmann ES. “In vitro selection technologies to enhance biomaterial functionality.” Experimental Biology and Medicine 241:962-971 (2016). (* Equal contributions)
2015 and earlier
9. Lippmann ES, Williams CE, Ruhl DA, Estevez-Silva MC, Chapman ER, Coon JJ, and Ashton RS. “Deterministic HOX patterning in human pluripotent stem cell-derived neuroectoderm.” Stem Cell Reports 4:632-644 (2015).
8. Lippmann ES, Al-Ahmad A, Azarin SM, Palecek SP, and Shusta EV. “A retinoic acid-enhanced, multicellular human blood-brain barrier model derived from stem cell sources.” Scientific Reports 4:4160 (2014).
7. Lippmann ES, Estevez-Silva MC, and Ashton RS. “Defined human pluripotent stem cell culture enables highly efficient neuroepithelium derivation independent of small molecule inhibitors.” Stem Cells 32:1032-1042 (2014).
6. Sha J, Lippmann ES, McNulty J, Ma Y, and Ashton RS. “Sequential nucleophilic substitutions permit orthogonal click functionalization of multicomponent PEG brushes.” Biomacromolecules 14:3294-3303 (2013).
5. Lippmann ES, Al-Ahmad A, Palecek SP, and Shusta EV. “Modeling the blood-brain barrier using stem cell sources.” Fluids Barriers CNS 10:1-14 (2013).
4. Lippmann ES*, Azarin SM*, Kay JE, Nessler RA, Wilson HK, Al-Ahmad A, Palecek SP, and Shusta EV. “Derivation of blood-brain barrier endothelial cells from human pluripotent stem cells.” Nature Biotechnology 30:783-791 (2012). (* Equal contributions)
3. Lippmann ES, Weidenfeller C, Svendsen CN, and Shusta EV. “Blood-brain barrier modeling with co-cultured neural progenitor cell-derived astrocytes and neurons.” Journal of Neurochemistry 119:507-520 (2011).
2. Agarwal N, Lippmann ES, and Shusta EV. “Identification and expression profiling of blood-brain barrier membrane proteins.” Journal of Neurochemistry 112:625-635 (2010).
1. Usrey ML, Lippmann ES, and Strano MS. “Evidence of a two-step mechanism in electronically selective single-walled carbon nanotube reactions.” Journal of the American Chemical Society 127:16129-16135 (2005).