Stebbins MJ, Lippmann ES, Faubion MG, Daneman R, Palecek SP, and Shusta EV. “Activation of RARα, RARγ, and RXRα can induce blood-brain barrier phenotypes in human pluripotent stem cell-derived brain endothelial cells.” Biotechnology Journal 13:1700093 (2018).
Bosworth AM, Faley SL, Bellan LM, and Lippmann ES. “Modeling neurovascular disorders and therapeutic outcomes with human induced pluripotent stem cells.” Frontiers in Bioengineering and Biotechnology 30:87 (2018).
11. Hollmann EK, Bailey AK, Potharazu AV, Neely MD, Bowman AB, and Lippmann ES. “Accelerated differentiation of human induced pluripotent stem cells to blood-brain barrier endothelial cells.” Fluids Barriers CNS 14:9 (2017).
10. Rosch JC*, Hollmann EK*, and Lippmann ES. “In vitro selection technologies to enhance biomaterial functionality.” Experimental Biology and Medicine 241:962-971 (2016). (* Equal contributions)
2015 and earlier
9. Lippmann ES, Williams CE, Ruhl DA, Estevez-Silva MC, Chapman ER, Coon JJ, and Ashton RS. “Deterministic HOX patterning in human pluripotent stem cell-derived neuroectoderm.” Stem Cell Reports 4:632-644 (2015).
8. Lippmann ES, Al-Ahmad A, Azarin SM, Palecek SP, and Shusta EV. “A retinoic acid-enhanced, multicellular human blood-brain barrier model derived from stem cell sources.” Scientific Reports 4:4160 (2014).
7. Lippmann ES, Estevez-Silva MC, and Ashton RS. “Defined human pluripotent stem cell culture enables highly efficient neuroepithelium derivation independent of small molecule inhibitors.” Stem Cells 32:1032-1042 (2014).
6. Sha J, Lippmann ES, McNulty J, Ma Y, and Ashton RS. “Sequential nucleophilic substitutions permit orthogonal click functionalization of multicomponent PEG brushes.” Biomacromolecules 14:3294-3303 (2013).
5. Lippmann ES, Al-Ahmad A, Palecek SP, and Shusta EV. “Modeling the blood-brain barrier using stem cell sources.” Fluids Barriers CNS 10:1-14 (2013).
4. Lippmann ES*, Azarin SM*, Kay JE, Nessler RA, Wilson HK, Al-Ahmad A, Palecek SP, and Shusta EV. “Derivation of blood-brain barrier endothelial cells from human pluripotent stem cells.” Nature Biotechnology 30:783-791 (2012). (* Equal contributions)
3. Lippmann ES, Weidenfeller C, Svendsen CN, and Shusta EV. “Blood-brain barrier modeling with co-cultured neural progenitor cell-derived astrocytes and neurons.” Journal of Neurochemistry 119:507-520 (2011).
2. Agarwal N, Lippmann ES, and Shusta EV. “Identification and expression profiling of blood-brain barrier membrane proteins.” Journal of Neurochemistry 112:625-635 (2010).
1. Usrey ML, Lippmann ES, and Strano MS. “Evidence of a two-step mechanism in electronically selective single-walled carbon nanotube reactions.” Journal of the American Chemical Society 127:16129-16135 (2005).